Australian Environment and Planning Law
The Australian Environment & Planning Law Group of the Legal Practice Section of the Law Council of Australia is a representative group of leading environment and planning lawyers in Australia.
Role and Objectives
To advise and assist the Federal Government and State Governments and Territories on:
- legislation on biodiversity, and ecologies;
- the reform of water law in Australia; including any legislation brought forward in relation to the Murray/Darling system;
- proposed Federal legislation on climate change mitigation and adaptation measures;
- the interaction between environment and cultural heritage matters
- contamination and pollution;
- planning laws; and
- any other Federal or State legislation impacting the environment.
Encourage young lawyers by the award of the Mahla Pearlman Young Environmental Lawyer of the Year Award in various States.
The AEPLG also supports the Sarah Flynne Memorial Scholarship managed by the Environmental Defender's Office. For more information about the Scholarship, click here The Sarah Flynne Memorial Scholarship - Environmental Defenders Office (edo.org.au)
The Group consists of leading planning and environment lawyers in each State of Australia.
To find out more about the activities of the Australian Environment and Planning Law Group, contact the Section Administrator or a Group member.
Ms Robyn Glindemann
Lantegy Legal Pty Ltd
Suite 4, 99-101 Francis Street
Northbridge WA 6003
Ms Chelsea De Silva
T. 02 6246 3722