Victorian Young Property Lawyer of the Year Award
The Victorian Young Property Lawyer of the Year Award is designed to recognise and encourage the talent and achievements of young property law practitioners. It is also an opportunity to highlight this area of practice in your firm and across the profession.
The Award is conducted annually by the Law Council of Australia, through its Australian Property Law Group in the Legal Practice Section. The Law Institute of Victoria (LIV), through its Property and Environmental Law Section also support this Award.
The Victorian Young Property Lawyer of the Year will be selected by the judging panel and will receive a certificate and a cash prize of $1,000.
2023 Round - Call for nominations
Nominations for the 2023 award are now open and will close 5pm (AEST), 5 September 2023. Nominations must be emailed to Jonathan Tisher email@example.com
- under 36 years of age at the date of the nomination;
- hold a current Victorian practising certificate; and
- practise predominantly in the field of property law
- demonstrated excellence in the provision of property law legal services to clients;
- academic and practical abilities in property law;
- contribution to the field of property law and practice; and
- maturity, self-reliance and leadership.
Nominations must include the nominee’s professional legal career CV (abbreviated version), a detailed illustration of how the nominee has met the award criteria (with examples), two professional or personal references (one may be by a nominee’s employer); and a statement of the area(s) of practice engaged in by the nominee and the nature of matters handled by the nominee.
- 2022 - Lauren Walley
- 2021 - Jordon Engwerda
- 2020 - Lydia Eastwood
- 2019 - Tim Chislett
- 2017 - Nafsika Palbas
- 2015 - Laura Glover
- 2013 - David Ellenby
- 2012 - Belinda Wilson
- 2010 - Jonathan Hirsh
Ms Chelsea De Silva
T. 02 6246 3722