Singapore and Malaysia Opening of the Legal Year
20 January 2022
On 10 January 2022, Law Council President Tass Liveris was featured as a speaker in the Presidents’ Roundtable hosted by the Law Society of Singapore. President Liveris spoke on the topic “Wellness and Sustainable Legal Practice for the Modern Lawyer”.
The President was featured alongside:
- Mr Adrian Tan, President of the Law Society of Singapore;
- Mr Claudio Visco, Secretary-General of the International Bar Association;
- Ms I. Stephanie Boyce, President of the Law Society of England & Wales;
- Mr Brian Speers, President of the Commonwealth Lawyers Association;
- Mr C. M. Chan, President of the Law Society of Hong Kong;
- Mr A G Kalidas Krishnan s/o Gnanaprakasam, President of the Malaysian Bar;
- Mr Jong Yop Lee, President of the Korean Bar Association; and
- Ms Melissa Pang, President of LAWASIA.
On 13 January 2022, President Liveris spoke at the Virtual Bar Leaders Forum hosted by the Malaysian Bar on the topic “The Future of the Legal Profession: Sailing into Cyberspace”.
The President also attended the Ceremonial Opening of the Legal Year ceremonies for Singapore and Malaysia on 10 January and 14 January 2022. President Liveris was joined on the panel by Ms Melissa Pang, Mr Jong Yop Lee and Mr CM Chan, and Mr Zhi Qiang (Jack) Li, President of the Inter-Pacific Bar Association.